Gourmet Veggie Pizza





I call this Gourmet pizza because it sounds better than Veggie Lover's or a Simply Veggie Pizza. There is no real recipe for this: I use whatever cheese and vegetables I have at hand any given day. I made this one with the following ingredients:
Red Onion
Red bell pepper
Yellow bell pepper
Green bell pepper
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Jalapeno pepper
Fresh Mozzarella (although I wont recommend fresh)
Feta cheese
Parmesan cheese
Mild Cheddar
Pizza base (you can make your own)
Ragu Pizza Sauce
Olive oil
I cut all veggies into 1/2 inch strips except for jalapeno peppers and mushrooms that I cut in slices. I brushed the base with olive oil, applied the pizza sauce generously and sprinkled mozzarella cheese all over. Since I used 'fresh' mozzarella, I had to cut it into tiny bits. Fresh mozzarella generally comes in small balls or a big lump of cheese in brine. Since I did not have regular mozzarella that I could grate, I just cut it up as well as I could. I added all the veggies except jalapenos on top of the cheese (the quantities really depend on how loaded you want your pizza to be). For the topping, I added grated mild cheddar, Parmesan and Feta cheese. I had the 'topping' cheese 20% or less of mozzarella to ensure that the strong flavor of the specialty cheese did not overtake the pizza flavor. In the end, I laid the cut jalapeno pepper slices (that I had dipped in olive oil) on top of the pizza and baked at 425 degF for 8-10 minutes (the oven was preheated to 450 degF before I started making the pizza). In the end, I set the oven to 'broil' for a few minutes to get a crisp pizza. Of course, I overdid it and my pizza got really crisp as is evident in the picture and you can choose not to broil at all.

My two cents: I have been experimenting with different types of cheese and I know the combo I like best. To find out what works for you, I would recommend adding a different cheese to mozzarella (keeping the quantity less than 20% of the base mozzarella) every time you make pizza. You may begin mixing them up as you start discovering the tastes that tick your palate.

Comments

Post a Comment

Welcome to our food blog. Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions for improvements in a recipe. If you try any of the recipes here, please send us your feedback or pictures and we will post it on the blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Thai Red Curry

Quinoa Upma

Kesari to kick off Navaratri