Ginger-Garlic Paste

Finally, found some time and a good idea for the excess ginger and garlic in my kitchen. I made this for the first time today, love the end product! I am hoping it will stay fresh for at least a 2-3 months.

Ingredients:

Ginger - 1/2 lb, peeled and cubed
Garlic - 30 pods (approx.) peeled
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1/3 cup (and a little more)

I made sure the garlic cubes were dry, so I patted them dry with a kitchen cloth. Grind the ginger first with some turmeric. Take it out and then grind the garlic pods. I did not grind them to a complete paste, I wanted it to look "grated". Add the ground garlic to the ginger, add oil and fold it in. Now, transfer the mix into a DRY, air tight jar and refrigerate. (I thought it could use some more oil so I poured about 2 tbsp of oil on top and roughly mixed it before refrigerating.)

Ginger and Garlic
16oz. jar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Thai Red Curry

Quinoa Upma

Kesari to kick off Navaratri