Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fig & Date Cake


Post # 19
     I tried this cake today for Vday special and it came out decent. Of course, the recipe is not mine and I found it here: http://www.freshinthekitchen.co.nz/recipes_show.asp?id=9

I won't rewrite the recipe but just note the changes I made. I left out lemon zest, replaced rice bran oil with olive oil (one for baking), and served it with hot chocolate fudge.

I think the cake will be good with whipped cream too. I am not a big fan of bread or cake with dates or figs, Sid is. So, he liked this cake (or so he says) better than I did. I am not sure if I will make it again but I posted it here for those of you who are into fruit breads or cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our food blog. Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions for improvements in a recipe. If you try any of the recipes here, please send us your feedback or pictures and we will post it on the blog.