Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vegan Mango Cake

The inspiration to make this cake came from this PICTURE from one of my favorite blogs for eggless baking. The original recipe can be found HERE. The recipe has two great flavors - mango and cardamom - if you pick up the right mango puree, the flavors from these two ingredients come out really well in the cake.




Notes:
  • Mango puree - I picked up the Deep brand mango pulp, the plain flavor (not the Kesar as shown in the picture!). This is a great product, it tastes like fresh mango unlike some other canned mango pulps I have tried earlier!
  • Icing - I skipped the icing! If you wish to have it on then it might be a good idea to reduce the sugar as mentioned in the www.egglesscooking.com link.
  • Cupcake liners - this is one area I would correct next time. I forgot to coat the cupcake liners with a nonstick spray, make sure you do it!!!
  • I baked at 350F and my cake was done in about 20 minutes (even though the original recipe says 27 minutes). So, make sure to do the toothpick test close to 20 minutes!

1 comment:

Welcome to our food blog. Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions for improvements in a recipe. If you try any of the recipes here, please send us your feedback or pictures and we will post it on the blog.