Saturday, November 27, 2010

Graham-Chocolate Sandwiches

This idea was a desperate attempt to use up some leftovers in the freezer. I had these plain chocolate100 calorie bars. I thought it was too plain to be a dessert of its own but I din't want to trash it either. I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I racked my brains (and my husband's) and we came up with these sandwiches ... the joys of teamwork!!!

Chocolate bars - I used the Klondike Slim-a-Bear bars, you could use any plain ice cream!
Graham crackers - I used the Honey Maid Grahams Honey
Cool Whip -  1 8oz container
Toblerone bar

Remove the chocolate bars and cool whip out of the freezer about 20 minutes prior to assembling the dessert. You don't want the chocolate bars to melt, the consistency needs to be like that of spreadable butter or cream cheese.In a flat, freezer-safe dish, lay out the crackers and then spread a thick 1" layer of the chocolate ice cream. Top that with another layer of the crackers, press lightly to make sure it's even all over. Now spread a layer (a little less than 1") of cool whip, cover and freeze. It should be ready in about an hour but you can always let it sit longer. When you are ready to serve, grate the Toblerone over (to avoid some mess, you can grate the Toblerone in advance and just sprinkle the shavings on your dessert), cut out cake size pieces and serve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our food blog. Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions for improvements in a recipe. If you try any of the recipes here, please send us your feedback or pictures and we will post it on the blog.