Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stuffed Poblano Pepper

Another recipe from my to-be-tried list. It's a great bake dish and goes very well with a simple garden side salad + a light vinaigrette dressing. This dish was adapted from Stuffed Poblano by shutterbean.




A few tweaks to suit my palette:
  • The sauce in the pan is thick and pasty when the peppers come out of the oven, I would definitely make some extra sauce (may be even with a hint of hot sauce) to go as a topping on the plate
  • Taking the seeds out of the poblano and the jalapenos made the dish bland. Again, that's just me, so another jalapeno in the sauce or keeping the seeds intact might help!
  • I forgot to add the water to the stuffing, makes a big difference! I am sure water makes the stuffing loose and moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our food blog. Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions for improvements in a recipe. If you try any of the recipes here, please send us your feedback or pictures and we will post it on the blog.